1. No Purchase Necessary. The Scale Auto Vault Registration Sweepstakes begins on or around June 1st, 2014 is for new registrants only and open to residents of the United States and Canada (except Quebec) only, 18 years of age or older. Employees (and their dependents and immediate household members) of Kalmbach Publishing Co., their advertising and promotional agencies and sponsoring companies are not eligible to participate.
2. Sweepstakes Entry. Enter online by registering on ScaleAutoMag.com/join. Registering will automatically enter you in the sweepstakes. Entries submitted using bot or automated technology are ineligible and may be deleted. Kalmbach Publishing Co. assumes no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries or for any computer, online, telephone, or human error or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the property of Kalmbach Publishing Co. and will not be acknowledged or returned. The official ending date for the Scale Auto Vault Kit Registration Sweepstakes will be August 31st, 2014.
3. Prizes and Odds of Winning. A drawing will be held on or around September 5th, 2014 for the following prize: One (1) first place prize consisting of an array of 12 modeling kits (retail value $240). One (1) second place prize consisting of an array of 9 modeling kits (retail value $162), and one (1) third place prize consisting of an array of 6 modeling kits (retail value $90) all supplied by the Scale Auto vault. Kits have been opened, reviewed and evaluated by the editorial staff. Cash equivalents of merchandise will not be awarded. Substituting prizes is not allowed. Any applicable federal, state, and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of people registering. Sweepstakes void in Quebec and void where prohibited. The drawing is conducted by Kalmbach Publishing Co.
4. Validation and Acceptance. The winners of the Scale Auto Vault Registration Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing. Canadian prize awards subject to skill test requirement. By entering the sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these official rules and all decisions of Kalmbach Publishing Company. Sweepstakes entries void if not legible, not completed in full, not obtained legitimately, or if forged, photocopied, mechanically reproduced, late or tampered with. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail and may have to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, publicity release and Release of Liability within fourteen (14) days of notification. In the event of non-compliance, alternate winners will be randomly drawn.
5. General. Kalmbach Publishing Co. is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Kalmbach Publishing Co. that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Kalmbach Publishing Co. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time if a computer virus, bug tampering, unauthorized intervention, or other technical problem of any sort corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Kalmbach Publishing Co. also reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Web site, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release and hold Kalmbach Publishing Co. harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
6. By entering this sweepstakes, entrants are agreeing to periodic updates from Scale Auto about this sweepstakes, special offers, new products and other information pertinent to the garden railroading hobby. Entrant's e-mail will not be sold or given to third parties.
7. Winner's List. For the complete winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Scale Auto Vault Registration Sweepstakes Winners List, P.O. Box 1612, Waukesha, WI 53187-1612. Residents of FL, VT, and WA may omit stamp. Requests must be received by August 31st, 2014.
8. Kalmbach Publishing Co. shall not be liable for any injury, loss, damage, cost or expense arising, directly or indirectly, in connection with sweepstakes and the prize awarded.
9. Sponsored by Kalmbach Publishing Co., P.O. Box 1612, Waukesha, WI 53187-1612.